Asparagus stuffed chicken breast is very simple than you can ever imagine! Only season some chicken, stuff it with a little bit of cheese and fresh asparagus, and bake! This delicious dinner can be ready in no time at about 45 minutes.
Asparagus stuffed chicken breast! easy, delicious, healthy, and low carb keto!
I Like making this Asparagus stuffed chicken breast for my kids because they LOVE it and is one of my easiest dinners to make
In that case, I always make sure I prepare this asparagus every now and then to keep them excited. Chicken stuffed with asparagus and cheese is my family favorite meal. Am sure your household will be happy to have this as dinner too!
How to make asparagus stuffed chicken breast:
Beginning with trimmed chicken breasts and cut a deep pocket into each breast. I don’t quite butterfly the chicken, but you’ll come close. To do this, place on hand on top of the chicken to hold it in place and use a knife to slice the chicken nearly in half. Don’t cut all the way through.
When your chicken is cut, drizzle it with a little olive or avocado oil and then season it up. I’m using garlic powder, paprika, and salt.
Grate the mozzarella cheese (provolone would be great as well!), open up the chicken breast, and then place a layer of cheese inside the bottom of each chicken breast.
Add about 3-4 spears of trimmed asparagus over the cheese and lay the top of the breast back over the asparagus to close it.
To be sure that the chicken is closed during cooking, we’re going to use a couple of pieces of bacon to hold it all together. Just take the bacon and lay it over the top, tucking the edges under that breast. I usually use about one piece of bacon, and then cut in half, for each chicken breast, but you can even use more than one if you want.
These will be Baked at 375 degrees in about 35-40 minutes.
The chicken turns out nice and juicy with a cheesy center full of asparagus. So yummy and delicious!
What to serve with Asparagus Stuffed Chicken:
You can serve the Asparagus along with Italian Cauliflower Salad and Fried Radishes.
I do hope you will give this asparagus stuffed chicken recipe a try, and please let me know what you think about it! For more delicious recipes, follow me on Pinterest
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breasts about 5 ounces each
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- 16 spears asparagus trimmed
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place your chicken on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to butterfly the chicken.
- Drizzle the outside of the chicken with olive oil. Mix the garlic powder, paprika, and salt together and sprinkle over each of the chicken breasts.
- Open up the chicken breasts and lay 1/4 cup of mozzarella on the bottom portion of each breast.
- Top the cheese with 3-4 spears of asparagus, depending on how large each breast is.
- Bring the top of the chicken up over the asparagus to close.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half. Lay 2 half pieces over each breast, tucking the ends under the breast.
- Bake it for about 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees and juices run clear.
- Remove it from the heat and serve immediately.