An easy and delicious Beef Tips and Rice, which is made with a sauteed onions and peppers covered in a savory beef gravy, made in a dutch oven or crockpot. A hearty dinner for the whole family to eat.
These Beef Tips With Rice recipe is very is easy to make and it takes about an hour to slow simmer before its ready to serve. It’s an old diner favorite that is also normally one of the cheaper menu choices because it can take a somewhat slow simmer to make it tender and, then serve it up with a large portion of rice and gray to cut costs.
The Beef Tips are small cuts of meat that are often cut from sirloin or chuck roast. But, they can be from any cut of meat. They are then cooked in a dutch oven or slow cooker and usually served with brown gravy over mashed potatoes or rice.
What I mostly like about these Beef Tips with Rice is that they are really simple to make. I made them any time of the day for dinner and it takes over an hour to cook.
I made the beef tips in a dutch oven and browned them on all sides first. Then I added the onions and green bell peppers to saute and add flavor and cook for about 5 minutes. Then I added minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth and let simmer.
How To Make Beef Tips and Rice?
In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add oil.
Season beef tips with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and cumin.
Put the seasoned beef tips to the hot pan and cook until browned.
Put the sliced onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes, and make sure you reduce the heat to low.
Add the minced garlic and leave it to cook for 1 minute.
Pour in the Worcestershire sauce and the beef broth.
Leave it to simmer for about 1 hour.
Then serve it over cooked rice.
What To Serve With Beef Tips and Rice?
You can serve this recipe with over cooked white rice, and or with over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
Beef Tips With Rice
- 3 pounds top sirloin cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes (or use stew meat)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Sea Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add oil.
- Season beef tips with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and cumin.
- Put the seasoned beef tips to the hot pan and cook until browned.
- Put the sliced onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 minutes, and make sure you reduce the heat to low.
- Add the minced garlic and leave it to cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the Worcestershire sauce and the beef broth.
- Leave it to simmer for about 1 hour.
- Then serve it over cooked rice.
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.