These Broccoli Fritters Recipe are super easy to make. It’s a way to get extra veggies in your kids! They’re low carb and keto-friendly. Serve them up with just about any protein for an easy dinner the whole family will enjoy.
Trying to get my children to eat their greens isn’t always that easy but these Broccoli Fritters recipes are a perfect way to do just that. Each fritter is load full of broccoli and they are great for lunch, a snack or as even dinner.
Exposure is a key component to getting our kids to accept and eat different vegetables but sometimes steaming, boiling or roasting just doesn’t cut it. We often need to try a little harder.
How to make broccoli fritters:
8 ounces broccoli florets
½ cup shredded Parmesan
⅓ cup almond flour
¼ cup diced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
For these recipes, you will need a blender or food processor.
Put your almond flour, Parmesan, broccoli, onion, garlic, and salt into the bowl of the food processor fitted with the blade attachment and give it a turn.
The mixture will break down in about 15 seconds and be ready for scooping! though you can decide what you want to use to scoop it
Put the fritter right onto a pan that’s got a thin layer of hot oil covering the bottom. Resist the urge to flatten the ball or your fritters will likely fall apart.
You can serve these broccoli fritters hot from the pan, but they’re also good after they’ve cooled!
Storing Broccoli Fritters
- Freeze – Freeze on a baking tray until frozen, once frozen transfer to a freezable container/ziplock bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Refrigerate – Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for 2-3 days.
To reheat, thaw then gently heat them through in a dry frying pan.
Using a cookie scoop works best as it allows you to pack together with the broccoli mixture. If using a spoon, use your hands to compact the mixture into a ball as best you can.
Serve with ranch dressing or ketchup, if desired.
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Avocado oil
- Add all of the ingredients except for the avocado oil to a food processor and process until you have a mostly coarse crumb-like mixture.
- Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet, such as cast iron, over medium heat. Add enough avocado oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan and heat until shimmering.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop out a ball of the fritter mixture and be sure it's compacted together tightly. Drop it gently into the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes to allow the bottom to brown and then carefully flip the fritters and press them flat with a spatula.
- Continue cooking to brown the other side, 1-2 minutes, before removing to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:YIELD: 8 fritters SERVING SIZE: 2 fritters
Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 95 TOTAL FAT: 7g SATURATED FAT: 2g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 5g CHOLESTEROL: 50mg SODIUM: 247mg CARBOHYDRATES: 4g FIBER: 2g SUGAR: 1g PROTEIN: 5g