This wonderful Buffalo Ranch Stuffed Chicken brings your favorite chicken to life, with a tangy and spicy buffalo sauce, cheese filling, and smothered in ranch dressing. We used our homemade ranch dressing for this recipe!
I love a good buffalo wing around here, but sometimes the process for making those just isn’t practical. So we decided to switch things up a bit and see what we could come up with by mixing some of our favorite dishes. I added my favorite flavors of chicken and buffalo sauce to create a recipe that everyone loves! Once you try this, you will understand just how amazing these flavors work together!
This stuffed buffalo chicken recipe is super easy to prepare and I know y’all are going to love it. My spinach stuffed chicken is still the most popular recipe on this site, but I have a feeling this buffalo ranch version might give it a run for its money
How to make this stuffed buffalo chicken recipe:
Salt and Pepper – for seasoning. (this is optional)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6 ounces each
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
1 packet ranch seasoning
1/2 cup buffalo sauce
1 tablespoon fresh parsley (this is optional but I highly recommend!)
Ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving. (I prefer to make it myself with my homemade ranch dressing recipe.)
To start your chicken preparation, first mix up the cheesy filling. This is just three ingredients: cream cheese, grated cheddar, and ranch seasoning. Then, using your hand, and with a sharp knife, cut a 2-3 inch pocket into the chicken (depending on how thick the chicken is). When you cut the pocket, be careful not to slice through the chicken. You are essentially creating a well for the cream cheese mixture.
Now that you have cut the chicken breast to form a little pocket, Stuff all the mixed cream cheese, grated cheddar, and ranch seasoning in the pocket. About two-three tablespoons per chicken breast. Use a few toothpicks to secure the pocket shut for the remaining cooking.
You can use more or less blue cheese, we have a few in the house that don’t like it so we tamed it down a bit more than we normally would. The nice thing about blue cheese is that if you really love it, you can always add more at the end.
Once your chicken breasts are filled with the cream cheese mixture, brush some buffalo sauce over the top and pop them in the oven.
These will bake in about 25 minutes and I like to brush more buffalo sauce on top every 10 minutes or so.
Once it is cooked through and you are ready to serve it, top t up with ranch dressing, sprinkle with parsley.
This cheesy stuffed chicken is so filling and will seriously be a total hit!
Blue cheese crumbles may be swapped for the cheddar.
To reduce sodium, use a homemade ranch seasoning or a reduced-sodium win
Buffalo Ranch Stuffed Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, 6 ounces each
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each breast, being careful not to cut all the way through. Set chicken aside.
- Add the ranch seasoning, cream cheese, and the cheddar, to a small bowl and stir well to mix together.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture evenly into a piece of chicken.
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and brush heavily with the buffalo sauce.
- Allow it to bake for 25 minutes, ensuring you brush it with additional sauce in every ten minutes.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and drizzle with ranch or blue cheese dressing before serving.
Nutrition Information:YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1 breast
Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 300 TOTAL FAT: 21g SATURATED FAT: 10g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 10g CHOLESTEROL: 82mg SODIUM: 1615mg CARBOHYDRATES: 6g FIBER: 0g SUGAR: 3g PROTEIN: 20g