Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice – Anyone who doesn’t like cauliflower will be amazed at how authentic and delicious this amazing Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice tastes!! Easy, ready in just 15 minutes.
Its is a great alternative to grabbing take out meal! It’s a healthy side dish, a low carb, that the whole family will love to eat.
It can be as easy or as complicated as you make – start with a bag of frozen riced cauliflower or start with a head of fresh cauliflower. Either option comes out delicious.
My cauliflower fried rice recipe is low in carbs, healthy enough for just about any diet, and it’s packing some major flavor!
How to make cauliflower fried rice:
The easiest way to make cauliflower rice is by using a large food processor. Since many of us may not own a food processor, feel free to use any other method which works perfectly for you.
Begin by preparing the cauliflower. No matter how you choose to rice your cauliflower, you’ll first need to wash, thoroughly dry, and remove all the greens from your cauliflower. Next, chop the cauliflower into small 1 to 2-inch florets. You don’t want huge chunks of cauliflower because they will not process evenly. You may use the food processor, chopping blade or the grating blade.
I like to cook my cauliflower fried rice with ahead of fresh cauliflower, but you can certainly use already riced cauliflower if you prefer.
To make cauliflower rice using a food processor, just add your cauliflower florets to a food processor and process until you have small, rice-like pieces. It only takes about 30 seconds!
Now that you’re cauliflower has been riced, you have the option to line a large bowl with paper towels and allow it to rest and release excess moisture before cooking or you just bust out a big skillet, heat it up, and get cooking.
Heat a little olive oil in a pan, saute some diced onions, add in your cooked chicken, garlic, and ginger, and get it all cooking together.
Stir in the cauliflower rice and season with soy sauce or coconut aminos and chili paste or sriracha.
Once the cauliflower starts to soften up, push it off to the side of the pan and crack in a couple of eggs. I season my eggs with a dash of soy sauce and then scramble them up and mix them back into the rice.
Stir in some scallions and finish it off with a drizzle of sesame oil!
This cauliflower chicken fried rice is beyond easy and comes together in about 20 minutes!
What to serve with cauliflower fried rice?
You can serve it with chicken stir fry or anything of your choice.
Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 pound riced cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and chicken to the pan and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower to the skillet and season with 3 teaspoons (1 tablespoon) of soy sauce and chili paste. Stir well and cook for 3 minutes or until the cauliflower has softened.
- Push the cauliflower rice to the side of the pan and crack the eggs into the empty space in the pan. Season with 1 teaspoon soy sauce and scramble.
- When eggs are cooked through, stir the eggs into the rice.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the scallions.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and serve.