A delicious and less filling low carb Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks recipes that really hits the spot when you miss “the way you used to eat.”
This low carb Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks recipes really hits the spot whenever I miss “the way I used to eat.”
These recipes actually get me excited whenever I think of making it for the whole family.
They are healthier than the normal breadsticks, you just need 5 basic ingredients, and are ready in little more than 30 minutes!
These recipes can as well be made gluten-free if made with gluten-free flour!
Shredded zucchini is used to make a crust for these “bread” sticks, making it a grain-free alternative to one of my favorite foods. Hooray for delicious tasting zucchini recipes!
These recipe makes a perfect side dish to any healthy meal since it’s a veggie-packed breadstick.
The crust doesn’t get completely crispy on the inside, but the outsides do get nice and crisp with a softer inside perfect for dipping in your favorite sauce.
The best way to achieve a delicious Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks is making sure you bake the base crust for a long time.
It should be nice and brown on the sides – when you think it’s done, give it at least a few more minutes. Don’t be scared of it burning! Nothing is worse than zucchini mush.
When you have your crust nice and crisp, sprinkle on that cheeses. And Italian seasoning.
Then put her right back in the oven until it’s nice and melty and makes you want to just eat the whole pan yourself.
With all said and done, you’ve got yourself a lightened up breadsticks recipe ready for serving!
Leave them cool a bit, and cut away! Then dunk, eat, repeat.
I will warn you that you may have to exert extreme self-control not to eat the entire pan yourself in one sitting.
Cheesy Zucchini Breadsticks
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (For about 3 medium)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella (or any) cheese
- Italian seasoning
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sprinkle salt to the shredded zucchini to release some of its moisture. Let sit 10-15 minutes, then squeeze zucchini in a clean cheese towel to release most or all of the liquid.
- Mix zucchini, eggs, and flour in a medium bowl. Then spray your baking sheet with cooking spray and spread the zucchini mixture into a large thin rectangle.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the edges are nicely brown. Make sure it's nice and golden on the sides and top so the crust isn't mushy.
- Reduce the oven to 350 degrees F, sprinkle the crust with cheese and Italian seasoning, and continue baking until the cheese is just melted.
- Let cool a few minutes, then cut into sticks. Serve with marinara or ranch or garlic butter or any sauce your heart desires.
Nutritional Information: SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 918 TOTAL FAT: 50g SATURATED FAT: 28g CHOLESTEROL: 120mg SODIUM: 3880mgCARBOHYDRATES: 53g SUGAR: 9g PROTEIN: 85g