Learn how to make this Cheesy Zucchini Casserole. This recipe is loaded full of fresh zucchini and is a delicious, low carb dinner that comes together in just 30 minutes! It is easy and quick to cook.
This baked Zucchini Casserole is an irresistibly delicious vegetarian meal or a side dish, chock full of great flavor, texture, and nutrition.
The Zucchini Bake is made with just a handful of ingredients, making it a great for a one-pot meal and for a weeknight dinner. A super easy to make meals which are perfect for sharing with friends and the whole family. A quick taste of this casserole will definitely change their minds for good.
How to make zucchini casserole:
2 tablespoons butter
6 small zucchini, chopped (about 7 cups)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
½ cup shredded Monterey jack
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon fresh parsley
Slice up some zucchini and toss that into a hot skillet with some onion and cook for a few minutes until the veggies are tender-crisp. Stir in some garlic and let cook until it smells divine in your kitchen.
Add that mixture to a colander to drain for about 10 minutes. The cooking will actually help the zucchini to release some of its water and you can drain it away rather than have a soggy casserole.
In a bowl, mix some cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper together and stir well.
Transfer the mixture to an 8×8 baking dish.
You can sprinkle a bit of extra cheese on top if you want. Is all up to you.
Put it in a hot oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with some fresh herbs and serve!
What to serve with zucchini casserole:
Cheesy Zucchini Casserole
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add the zucchini and onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the zucchini is tender-crisp and the onions have softened a bit.
- Stir in the garlic and continue cooking for 30 seconds or until garlic is fragrant.
- Transfer the mixture to a colander and let drain for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add the zucchini mixture to a large mixing bowl along with 1 cup of the cheddar, Monterey jack, eggs, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Nutrition Information:YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 221 TOTAL FAT: 17g SATURATED FAT: 9g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 6g CHOLESTEROL: 104mg SODIUM: 623mg CARBOHYDRATES: 7g FIBER: 2g SUGAR: 4g PROTEIN: 12g