This Healthy Broccoli Rice Casserole is made with cauliflower rice for a grain-free casserole which is keto-friendly. A low carb meal that is just perfect and more easy to throw together for a quick side dish any night of the week.
Fresh broccoli cooked until tender-crisp and fluffy rice comes together in a creamy cheesy homemade sauce to create a family favorite side dish!
We serve this alongside our stuffed chicken breast, along with a side salad for the perfect easy meal!
If you are like me that easily get bored repeating the same types of food all the time, you will love this meal.
This broccoli rice casserole is a side dish which your whole family will definitely love to eat.
It was a hard time finding a broccoli casserole recipe that was made without condensed soup so I turned to my own recipe.
I combined my favorite velvety cheese sauce with a combination of broccoli & rice and baked it until cooked. The result is superb aside and a quick meatless meal.
This is one of those dishes that my whole family loves, it’s comforting and delicious and packed with flavor. So I love making it for the whole family because they like eating that as an everyday meal.
How to make the Broccoli Rice Casserole:
12 ounces riced cauliflower
12 ounces broccoli florets, chopped
3 cups grated cheddar, divided
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature, chopped into small pieces
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
Start by chopping cauliflower to get cauliflower rice. You can either make it yourself at home with a sharp knife, or you can use a food processor.
Some grocery stores also sell riced cauliflower and it’s totally fine to use either fresh (found in the produce section and called ‘cauliflower crumbles’ at Walmart!) or frozen.
Add your (fresh or frozen) cauliflower rice to a large mixing bowl along with some chopped broccoli florets and a tablespoon of water.
Close the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes. Leave for 2 minutes and then carefully remove the plastic wrap.
Add in the cheddar, cream cheese, eggs, and spices and give it all a big stir.
Spread your broccoli rice casserole into a 9×9 baking dish and top it all off with a little more cheddar.
Bake this up for about 30 minutes and then dig in!
This healthy broccoli rice casserole is so so easy, and really cheesy.
What to serve with this keto broccoli cauliflower rice casserole:
You can serve it with any protein because this side dish goes well with most proteins!
If you’d like a crunchy coating on top, you can add some crushed pork rinds!
Healthy Broccoli Rice Casserole
- 12 ounces riced cauliflower
- 12 ounces broccoli florets, chopped
- 3 cups grated cheddar, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature, chopped into small pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the riced cauliflower and chopped broccoli to a large mixing bowl along with a tablespoon of water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave for 3 minutes and let sit, covered, for 2 minutes. Carefully remove the plastic wrap from bowl.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of cheddar, cream cheese, eggs, and spices to the bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Pour mixture into 9x9 baking dish and top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.