These delicious and easy to make Jalapeno Popper Meatballs is one of my favorite snacks. I like how fast it takes to bake and it takes just about 15 minutes and they’re perfect snacks to start your day with.
These meatballs are fun to make, and they can be eaten as either a quick dinner or an easy snack.
These spicy meatballs are filled with jalapenos, cream cheese, and a bit of crumbled bacon. So good!
I believe you’ will all love these jalapeno popper meatballs as I do.
How to make these spicy meatballs:
We’re using ground turkey or chicken for these meatballs. Either work and I can honestly never taste a difference between the two, so grab whatever is easiest to find for you.
Add your ground turkey to a mixing bowl along with some crushed pork rinds, powdered or shredded Parmesan cheese, crumbled bacon, soft cream cheese, minced jalapeno, and a few spices.
Use your hands or a wooden spoon to stir all of this together until nicely combined.
I like to use a large cookie scoop to portion out my meatballs – it ensures that the meatballs are all the same size, it’s super easy to use, and I have multiple of them in my kitchen drawer. Yes, I use cookie scoops so often that I have multiple of each size! Grab one here with my affiliate link.
These meatballs bake at 500 degrees in about 13 minutes. Easy peasy!
Look at the flecks of jalapeno and bacon in there! Don’t you just want to pop one right in your mouth?
You can serve these up for dinner along with a side of my cauliflower mac and cheese or serve them with toothpicks at your next party!
Whichever way, they’re totally delicious and always a hit.
Feel free to add more or less jalapeno to make them as spicy as you’d like. Removing the seeds from the jalapeno will also cut down on the spice.
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- ¼ cup finely crushed pork rinds
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 4 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup minced jalapeno, more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and combine well with your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop out 12 evenly sized meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve meatballs with homemade ranch dressing for dipping, if desired.
Make sure the cream cheese is very soft to easily mix in with the meatballs. You can do this by microwaving it until it’s easy to stir.
To make smaller meatballs, use a medium cookie scoop and bake for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Information:YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 3 meatballs
Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 432 TOTAL FAT: 27g SATURATED FAT: 10g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 15g CHOLESTEROL: 232mg SODIUM: 520mg CARBOHYDRATES: 3g FIBER: 0g SUGAR: 1g PROTEIN: 44g