Learn how to make the best Lemon caper chicken at home. Lemon caper chicken is a fast and easy low carb meal that tastes so delicious. chicken. So if you are looking for easy low carb meal to prepare for your family, give this Lemon caper chicken a try
Making this Chicken with Lemon Caper sauce is a fast and easy weeknight meal. Pan-frying the chicken breasts creates a beautiful golden-brown crust which is perfect.
My family always enjoy eating this Lemon caper chicken whenever I make it and I like making it for them.
As for me, I think they are really delicious! And again, I also like green olives and I think they’re somewhat similar in flavour. They also have small of mustard vibe going on, in my opinion.
This is an Italian meal to crave for. Though the name might sound fancy, it’s actually quite simple to make.
Ingredients for Making Lemon caper chicken
1 pound thin-sliced chicken breasts
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons capers
Direction for Lemon caper chicken
Cooking the Lemon capers chicken is a very quick and easy dish to prepare.
To make this recipe, we’re going to start by seasoning some chicken breasts or thighs. I opted for white meat because I prefer using it, so I always use breasts, but thighs work fine if you like dark meat.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then cook it in a hot skillet with a little avocado oil or butter.
Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it to a plate and get started on the lemon caper sauce.
How to Make the Lemon caper sauce:
The lemon caper sauce is low carb and as well super easy to whip up.
The sauce is a reduction of lemon juice, chicken broth, and capers. They simmer until concentrated and until the browned flavourful bits from frying the chicken dissolve. The trick to making a silky and lightly thickened sauce is to whisk in cold butter at the very end over low heat to create an emulsion. That means that you’ll simmer the chicken broth, letting some of it evaporate so that the broth thickens a bit.
What to Serve This Recipes With?
You’ll want to serve this with pasta or rice to soak up all of the luscious flavours. The dish uses everyday pantry staples and fresh ingredients to create a rustic and satisfying meal.
you can also eat it as a meal by add any kind of vegetables like tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, onion, and cabbage.
Lemon caper chicken
- 1 pound thin sliced chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Season the two sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook through, flipping halfway through cooking, about 8 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, put in a plate and keep it aside.
- Add the chicken broth and butter to the skillet and bring to a boil. Allow the chicken broth to boil for 5 minutes till it reduces.
- Add the lemon juice and cream to the skillet and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Add the capers to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and coat with the sauce. Allow it to cook for more minute to rewarm the chicken.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 326 TOTAL FAT: 19g SATURATED FAT: 9g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 9g CHOLESTEROL: 130mg SODIUM: 1046mg CARBOHYDRATES: 2g FIBER: 0g SUGAR: 1g PROTEIN: 36g