Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe is one of my favorite easiest and the tastiest low carb dinner recipes. This chicken has a delicious cream cheese spinach filling and the whole recipe is very quick to prepare.
This wonderful chicken breast recipe is not just super simple to make, but incredibly delicious. And while the chicken is been cooked in the oven, you’ll have time to whip up a quick salad and set the dinner table. Whether you are looking for a fast chicken recipe or a good to go restaurant-quality meal to impress your loved ones, this is a great recipe to make. So, get ready to start cooking!
The stuffing is made with just four ingredients: Fresh Baby Spinach, Mozzarella Cheese, Feta Cheese, and Cream Cheese.
Make sure you don’t use frozen or old spinach for this recipes, instead, use fresh baby spinach leaves.
How To Make This Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast:
4 chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil or olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt, divided
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 ½ cups chopped fresh spinach
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
¼ cup grated Parmesan
Just mix all of the seasoning ingredients together and set aside.
Roughly chop the baby spinach and place it into a mixing bowl. Add the cream cheese, feta, and mozzarella. Massage the spinach with your hands, until well mixed (it should look like thick paste).
Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast.
Cut the spinach stuffing into four equal parts and spoon it into the chicken pockets. Using toothpicks, secure the stuffing inside.
Season the chicken breasts with the spice mix and brush with olive oil on both sides.
Bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes, depending on how large your chicken breasts are.
How Long To Cook Stuffed Chicken Breast
This baked stuffed chicken breast can be baked in an uncovered roasting pan for 35-45 minutes in a preheated 375°F oven or 400ºF for 25-30 minutes, depending on how large your chicken breasts. Chicken breasts can vary from 5oz to 10oz in size so I always use a thermometer to make sure it reaches the poultry-safe cooked temperature of 165°F (that is a perfect temperature for any Baked Chicken Breasts.
Once cooked, let the spinach and cheese stuffed chicken breast rest for several minutes before serving (to firm up the cheeses and let the juices settle).
This cheese stuffed chicken breast recipe is great for your keto diet journey.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and drizzle with oil.
- Add the paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to a small bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Set chicken aside.
- Add cream cheese, Parmesan, mayonnaise, spinach, garlic, red pepper and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt to a small mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into each chicken breast evenly.
- Place the chicken breasts in a 9x13 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for about 25-30 depending on how large your chicken breasts.
Nutrition Information:YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 407 TOTAL FAT: 24g SATURATED FAT: 9g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 13g CHOLESTEROL: 139mg SODIUM: 873mg CARBOHYDRATES: 3g FIBER: 1g SUGAR: 1g PROTEIN: 41g